Trends and Issues: The Impact of Learning Objects
Future of Learning Objects (LOs)
The future of LOs seems to be reliant on how learning communities choose to
use and share them. There needs to be standards so that the LOs have quality,
and there needs to be different exchanges where communities have the choice
to use or buy LOs that meet their needs for creating training. Shaw gives us
several reasons why LOs have a future and what that will look like (http://www.aace.org/dl/files/ELEARN2002/paper_3009_3403.pdf,
- XML-related technology and standards are maturing
- Primary barriers to implement eLearning are falling, such as, new Learning Content
Management System (LCMS) tools will be browser-based and allow users to update
learning objects from their desktops
- New Learning Content Management System (LCMS) and Learning Management Systems
(LMS) are being prices more competitively.
- Methodologies for design based on the learning object paradigm are still under
- Indexing LOs to indicate contexts where they are applicable or reusable.
- Topic maps that provide an approach for combining traditional indexing, library
science and knowledge representation, with advanced techniques of linking and
addressing (semantic web).
Trends and Issues: The Impact of Learning Objects, Last Edited: 04/22/2019. © All Rights Reserved.