Trends and Issues: The Impact of Learning Objects
- Academic ADL Co-Lab (AADL), the University of Wisconsin System (UWS), and
Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS). (2001). Objects of Learning.
Retrieved November 29, 2003 from: http://adlcolab.uwsa.edu/lo/index.htm
- ASTD & SmartForce. (July 2002). A field guide to learning objects.
Retrieved October 9, 2003 from: http://www.learningcircuits.org/2002/jul2002/smartforce.pdf
- Barritt, C. (July 2002). Using learning objects in four instructional
architectures. In The Silicon Valley Chapter of ISPI Newsletter Online
Version. Retrieved November 25, 2003 from: http://www.svispi.org/networker/2002/0702.pdf
- Bratina, T., Hayes, D., and Blumsack, S. (November/December 2002). Preparing
teachers to use learning objects. Faculty and Staff Development Online:
Retrieved November 29, 2003 from: http://ts.mivu.org/default.asp?show=article&id=961
- Clark, R., and Rossett, A. (September 2002). Learning solutions - learning
objects: Behind the buzz. Retrieved October 9, 2003 from: http://www.clomedia.com/content/templates/clo_feature.asp?articleid=24&zoneid=30
- Friesen, N. (April 2003). Three objections to learning objects.
Retrieved October 9, 2003 from: http://phenom.educ.ualberta.ca/~nfriesen/
- Johnson, L. Ph.D. (June 2003). Elusive vision: Challenges impeding the
learning object economy. Retrieved October 9, 2003 from: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/solutions/downloads/elearning/elusive_vision.pdf
- Longmire, W. (March 2000). A primer on learning objects. Learning
Circuits Online: Retrieved October 7, 2003 from: http://www.learningcircuits.org/mar2000/primer.html
- Shaw, S. Ph.D. (2002). Reusable learning objects: Critique & future
directions. Retrieved November 25, 2003 from: http://www.aace.org/dl/files/ELEARN2002/paper_3009_3403.pdf
- Wagner, E. (June 2002). The new frontier of learning object design.
The eLearning Developer's Journal Online Version. Retrieved October 9, 2003
- Wiley, D. A. (2000). Connecting learning objects to instructional design
theory: A definition, a metaphor, and a taxonomy. In D. A. Wiley (Ed.),
The Instructional Use of Learning Objects: Online Version. Retrieved October
09, 2003 from: http://reusability.org/read/chapters/wiley.doc
- Wiley, D. A. (2002). The instructional use of learning objects.
Agency for Instructional Technology, Bloomington, IN.